Translate

Thursday 18 August 2016

Time to discover Chile…Mini vacation in Viña del Mar and Valparaíso



For the first time since I arrived here I got the chance to see some different parts of Chile than Santiago. As Monday was a holiday here we didn’t have classes, and therefore we used the weekend to see the “holiday spots” Chiles - Viña del Mar and Valparaíso

Viña del Mar – the little beach paradise Chiles, where you can find the Pacific, nice beaches and rough rocks everywhere. To be honest, that was also the main part we were looking at. Enjoying the beach and the incredible sunsets, therefore I rather let the pictures speak for themselves.
Crazy colombian people I stayed in Vina with







Look whoom I met by accident - Best travel buddy!




 


 













this street dog wanted to be famous :P


Valparaíso might be even known by some of you, as it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's a city full of colours due to grafitties at almost all walls in the city. As we stayed one more night in Vina del Mar we just had the next day to explore Valparaíso. Luckily the city is just more or less 1,5hours from Santiago by bus, so it's just a "Katzenspung", when you think in American distances. Therefore it will no be my last time there.

Spending a lot of time with people from South America really helps my spanish to improve. Besides that I discover a lot of "latina-sides" inside of me. With a lot of stuff I am more patient than I thought I would be even though on some days it's really testing my patients when you want to order something, for example, and it takes ages even though there is a huge line. Those Chileans don't loose their chill :P



What is there more to say about Valparaíso than that I a bit of troubles understanding the boat tour we did,, because as always people here speak almost the fastest and most unclear Spanish in the world (*man this was a smart idea, coming here for learning the language*)

The city is wonderful and after the boat tour we went for dinner at a really cute restaurant, as their offer of a three course meal for just 4500CLP (=6,30€) was really good. Estefany, my lovely travel buddy and friend selected chicken with potato puree and I got the fried fish with rice. Both had been really delicious. Further we enjoyed the perfect weather with like 25° and a lot of sun. Next time I'm there I'll try to inform myself a bit more about the history of the city and let you know

 





 







All  in all life is wonderful here, especially all the people I meet here make this time so much more valuable. Therefore I try to live every moment to the fullest, and to value the time I'm allowed spending here.  
 








little miss sunshine <3





Estefany felt for the dogs hair as hers can look similar once you brush it



















Muchos Besos,

Leonie
 

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Leonie,
    die Fotos sehen wirklich super schön aus und machen mir jetzt richtig Lust auf Chile! :) ich wünsche dir dort eine fabelhafte Zeit dort, genieße es! <3 Lese deinen Blog regelmäßig also poste fleißig! :D

    Deine Jasmin von nimsajx.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete