Translate

Thursday 17 August 2017

Lovely people and an extra security check

After a week of goodbyes or better to say see you soon’s the day of my trip across the ocean arrived. Luckily my flight departure was during mid day, which made it more relaxed to get to the airport on time.  
When trying to check in my luggage I had some small troubles, with which a wonderful lady from Lufthansa helped me out and in the end my bag was safely checked in and already made its way to the plane. As a small goodbye I enjoyed one last Latte Macchiato and one more delicious French chocolate bread in company of my aunt and uncle. And on time, we all went to the security check-in so I could be at my gate on time.  That's what we thought .... 
 By planning with more than half an hour to come to the gate - which now looking back was surely not enough - to arrived there relaxed. As I had decided earlier, I had packed most of the electronics into my hand luggage just to be sure it would arrive safe with me in Colombia. What I didn’t know was that all the electronics (including a motor for a mixer, hair dryer, charging cables, laptop etc.) makes you look pretty suspicious to security people. Therefore a bomb test was made with my bags and all electronics, just to be sure I wouldn’t transport any explosives to the plane.
While on one hand being happy that they will check apparently really in detail but on the other hand time was running and as I had to get out all the things I had carefully packed the night before.
Slowly but steady the little stress Leonie was striking in an alarm. Anyhow my time traveling, as well as my time in Chile and also thanks to my Latino love I tried to keep calm and just hurry once I got all that stuff to be packed again. With just having another 10 minutes to make it to gate 25 – which of course was the last one of them all – I didn’t manage to pack my backpack in the same affine manner as I had before. Therefore the picture was this: A young 24 year old hurrying to her gate with just another 5 minutes to make it to the boarding - carrying various single bags because somehow all the things didn’t fit in anywhere anymore. Luckily, in the end, I made it to the gate 3 minutes later than my ticket said but in this case - I was no first or business class traveler - it was fine as therefore anyways I was one of the last to get on the plane. 
When I finally made it into the plane I got slightly disappointed by my middle seat in the row in the middle as I thought I had saved a window seat for myself. But as god wanted I got asked to change seats so a mother could sit together with her son. Which meant for me sitting in the row right behind the business class including a lot of leg space (not that I need that haha) and some fancy way of in seat entertainment that is stored in the armchairs. 



Best Airplane food I've ever had
All in all I was helped my overall lovely people (even though German border security was obviously a bit less lovely) and I am surviving the flight at hour 6 of 12 better than expected. Let’s see what the next 6 hours have for me. After two movies, this blogpost and a very good chicken with spinach and potatoes I will try to sleep just a bit in the hope that they wake me for some kind of small snack before we arrive (otherwise I'll probably arrive to Bogotá starving xD) 


Thanks to the lovely ladies behind me it was sadly not possible to really sleep but rather rest as in the two hours when I tried to sleep they decided to go to the bathroom like every half an hour. Anyhow like that I didn’t miss the next snack time including tea and coffee. When I started another movie (this time beauty and the beast) an unexpected other meal (this time dinner) was brought to us - Yayyyy fooooodddd :) At this point I really have to make a shoutout to Lufthansa and Frankfurt airport as both meals were extremely delicious. 


After another one and a half hour we finally arrived in Bogotá. After landing the migration worked out faster than expected (more or less 30 minutes) as well as the girl checking my passport was really nice. Then I arrived in the hall to pick up my bag which arrived instantly when I found the right place to pick it up. In the airport of Bogotá there is a huge glass wall when you pick up your luggage so Jorges mother was already waving to me in excitement.  


When the last check up of my bag was done I could finally hug my love again as well as his lovely family. They even made a sign in my favourite colour saying “Bienvenido” and Willkommen in Kolumbien mein Schatz”  


Couldn't be happier than by your side <3




Gracias también a la familia de Jorge que esta recibiendome tan cariñoso y con tanto corazón. Los quiero muchisimo <3
All in all I still have to process many things that are different also in a good way. More in detail about that the next time. For now I’m alive, happy and looking forward to start my internship soon. 

At this point one big shoutout to my family and friends supporting me on this. Thank you so much for everything. I’m infinitely grateful for all your support.  


Muchos besos, 

Leonie  

No comments:

Post a Comment